Sorry I haven't since October. I have been using my IPad notes app to jot down my thoughts etc. for my work. I am putting these on here now.
Moodboard
To create the mock UI in the below post, I first created a moodboard to get ideas of what my UI could look like. Since the UI is for the Age of Mythology game, I used the PC version of the game's UI features for inspiration on my moodboard ( Gameplay UI and Main Menu). I also used UI features from the Tomb Raider reboot and Tomb Raider Legend game for inspiration on my moodboard. These include the style of the menus layouts, pop up statistics and the health bars. I thought these features will be adaptable to the ipad version of Age of Mythology because the style of the menus layouts and pop up statistics are compact and easy to use on a touch screen.
Initial UI Layout Sketches
After creating the moodboard, I produced my first version sketches for the main menu and the gameplay UI using inspiration of the features shown on the moodboard. The first sketch of the main menu UI consists of the main menu design of the main menu from Age of Mythology with added sub menu for each option on the right hand side as well as an image of the previous level from the Tomb Raider games.

No comments:
Post a Comment