Thursday, 14 May 2015

Brief 2- Creating the Reference Image For the Concept Art

To plan what I'm going to draw and colour for the concept art piece, I first decided that I want to create a tropical rainforest scene. From this, I researched what can be found in a tropical rainforest on the internet. I used the results I gained to search for images of specific features I want to draw ( huts, flowers, bridges, waterfalls, foliage etc.) on the internet and placed them in Photoshop. I arranged the images into a moodboard formation.  

Tropical Rainforest Moodboard 

Final Concept Art Reference Image

To create the final concept art reference image, I first chose the images from the moodboard that I want to use in the concept art. Then, I placed the chosen images onto a fresh Photoshop canvas and arranged and edited them until I was happy. Finally, I used the clone stamp tool to fill in any empty spaces with parts of the chosen images and to blend the images together. This is to make the reference image look more realistic and more neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment